Welcome to The F2.8 Group Portrait Photography
About the portrait photography process – click the link below to watch a short video
I’m Melissa Morey, life documenter, memory curator and image artisan.
I’m devoted to creating soulful images that capture the people (and pets) you love most in the world. I also help people put their best foot forward professionally and personally with professional portraits for corporate profiles, social media avatars, dating sites and marketing materials. You should exist in photographs!
Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been obsessed with taking photographs
I would borrow my mum’s camera and use the entire roll of film! When I was 13 I sold my drum kit and invested in my first Minolta camera. Which turned out to be a great decision because a career in music was not for me. Clearly. The camera on the other hand started a lifelong love affair with photography.
Since I started working as a photographer more than 13 years ago, I’ve photographed landscapes, properties, food, clothing, people, events and the urban environment.
But my passion is capturing faces, personalities and happy moments – contemporary portrait photographs
I call myself a life documenter and memory curator because I aim to capture a person’s personality, essence and unique gifts and create memories that you and your family will enjoy and treasure for years to come.
I know having your photo taken can be nerve wracking. But I’m on a mission to change all that and make the experience as relaxed as possible. Some of my clients even say my photo shoots are fun. Read more about what they’ve said here.
If you’re ready, I can’t wait to help make you look amazing for your portrait! Contact me on 0417 033 774 or by email to get started with an obligation free quote.
What’s it like to work with me?
I’m very focussed but I’m also warm, personable and practical. I put people at ease in front of the camera and I listen to what they want. I don’t stop taking photos until I absolutely know that I’ve captured a winning image, and even then I keep pressing the shutter!
A selection of random facts a prospective client might like to know about me:
- I hail from Warrnambool in country Victoria but I moved to Melbourne to study photography over a decade ago and it’s now home.
- I love black (I really fit in here). It’s my signature look, along with big, bold jewellery.
- I hate to brag but I’ve won some pretty cool photography awards which I’m thrilled about.
- Instead of having a traditional party for my 21st birthday, I staged a photography exhibition to showcase my work (and sold nearly every piece).
- In a previous life I was a Professional Organiser so I love lists, templates and checklists.
- I know this makes me a little OCD but I’m ok with that.
- When I’m not working, I can be found wandering Melbourne’s laneways people spotting with my camera.
The all important pieces of paper – qualifications + affiliations + other stuff
- Full Member, Australian Institute of Professional Photography, (AIPP), 2012 – current
- Emerging Member, Australian Institute of Professional Photography, (AIPP), 2011 – 2012
- Public Liability Insurance
- Inside the Artist’s Practice, RMIT University, 2007
- Web Page Construction, RMIT University, 2006
- Advanced Diploma of Photography (Commercial), Photography Studies College, 2005
- Australian College of Journalism, Diploma of Freelance Travel Writing & Photography, 1996
What does it mean for my clients, that I am a member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers (AIPP)?
- Is Professional – operates a registered business
- Is Professional – has liability insurance, as appropriate to their business
- Is Professional – agrees to follow the AIPP Code of Ethics and AIPP Terms and Conditions of Membership
- Is Professional – agrees to abide by the AIPP Accredited Membership Business Requirements
- Is Experienced – every Accredited Member has a minimum of two years industry experience or has completed a minimum two year photographic program before applying for Accreditation
- Is Experienced – Has the skill, creativity, style and ability to get the job done on time and on budget
- Never Stops Learning – through the AIPP Continuous Professional Development (CPD) program, all Accredited Members must take part in workshops and seminars throughout each year to ensure they continue to develop along with the industry
In summary, it means you get the piece of mind that I am a true professional carrying out a business in the field of photography while adhering to a high standard of ethics, business practices and morals.